Call for Papers
2nd Call for Proposals
Papers (long and short papers), Posters, and Workshops
IAmLearn and Concordia University Chicago invite submissions presentations for the 17th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning (mLearn 2018). This year’s conference theme is “Mobilized Learning: Pedagogical and Technological Innovations for Teaching and Learning.”
mLearn is the leading international conference on mobile and contextual learning and attracts participants annually from more than 60 countries. mLearn 2018 provides a forum for researchers, policy makers, professionals and educators from higher education, school education and vocational education, government departments, industries and international organisations as well as IT developers and solutions providers to share knowledge, research and practices, as well as debate critical issues pertaining to sustainable futures for mobilized learning.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Gamification, serious games, and games-based learning
- Augmented reality, virtual reality, mixed reality, and wearable technologies for teaching and learning
- Mobile apps in teaching and learning
- Innovative approaches to mobilized teaching and learning with current and emerging technologies
- Mobilized learning in and across formal and informal settings, including open and distance education
- Data management, security, and analysis for mobilized teaching and learning
- Assessment for mobilized teaching and learning
- Machine learning and mobilized learning
- Mindfulness for mobilized learning
- Neuroscience and mobilized learning
- Social empowerment through mobilized learning
The conference programme will highlight keynote talks, symposia, workshops, plenary sessions, parallel presentations, roundtables and debates, special focus sessions, poster and table presentations, and technology and product/service demonstrations.
NEW — Abstract Only Submissions are now invited for:
- Mobilized Learning Research (including Late-Breaking Research)
- Practitioner Presentations (share your experiences implementing mobilized learning in your practice context)
- Doctoral Consortium (Abstract Only – not included in the Conference Proceedings)
- Technical Presentations
Full Submissions are still welcomed for:
- Long papers (8 pages)
- Short papers (4 pages)
- Doctoral Consortium (4 pages)
- Posters (250 words)
- Table presentations (1-2 pages)
- Industry showcases (including technology/product/service demos) (1-2 pages)
- Panel discussions/roundtables (1-2 pages)
- Workshops (2 pages)
- Tutorials (2 pages)
Details on paper submissions for mLearn 2018, including access to the paper submission portal, will be posted to the Paper Submissions page of the conference website.
Publication of Proceedings
All contributions will be reviewed in a peer-review process. All accepted full papers will be published in the conference proceedings, which will be hosted through LearnTechLib. Accepted Abstract-Only Submissions will be included in the conference programme, and posted to the conference website. Authors of accepted Abstract-Only Submissions will be invited to submit a full paper by August 1, 2018, should they wish to have their paper included in the full conference proceedings.
In addition, presenters at mLearn 2018 may be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in a special conference edition of the International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning (IJMBL).
Submission deadline for 2nd CfP (for all categories):
- June 10, 2018
Notification of acceptance:
- July 1, 2018
mLearn 2018 Conference Dates:
- 11-14 November 2018
The International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning (IJMBL) is the official journal of the International Association for Mobile Learning.
Selected conference paper submissions will be invited to submit extended versions for publication in a forthcoming special issue of IJMBL dedicated to mLearn 2018.